Military Awards

Medals and Ribbons

Not sure what Medals and Ribbons you Deserve?
This site allows you to see what awards were given to your ship or station and  personal awards:

The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century.

Drilling Reservists should contact the NRC Fargo Admin department to obtain awards not entered in their service record.  Retirees can do it on their own by following directions on this site: 

Here is a neat site where you specify what ribbons you deserve and it creates a graphic of your ribbon bar for you (without devices). 

Here are a couple sites that show ribbons and discuss their establishment and criteria:

A private company called UltraThin produces ribbon bars and full and miniature medals. 

You can order your medals and ribbons from the Navy Exchange Uniform Shop at: 

Go to NRC Fargo CPO Mess Home Page